Gender Pay Gap
Here at Hallmark within a positive culture our Hallmarker’s are trusted, respected and treated fairly. We continue to be committed to valuing differences, recognising the needs of individuals and ensuring all of our people are able to realise their full potential.
The policies and procedures we have in place support the ethos and ensure our legal responsibilities relating to diversity and inclusion are represented. However, more than this, we seek to make career development and progression opportunities available for all Hallmarker’s regardless of their background, race, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
Our approach to treating colleagues fairly continue to embrace the following:
- We foster an environment in which individual differences and contributions are recognised and valued;
- We offer a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to everyone;
- We generate opportunities where training, development and progression is available for those that want it;
- We recruit, develop and retain the best people, recognising and realising potential along the way – always striving for continuous improvement on both an individual and business level;
- We work hard in developing our colleague and customer base in a way that reflects the different communities in which Hallmark operates.